Vaginal Health Treatments in Naperville, IL
About Vaginal Health
With age and after childbirth women start to notice symptoms related to vaginal health that may affect their quality of life. Women are affected at different levels. For many post-menopausal women or women on certain medications after breast cancer treatments vaginal atrophy or dryness is a common symptom they may experience. After childbirth, and even sometimes with menopause, some women may experience bladder leakage throughout the day or more frequent urination. Nearly 50% of post-menopausal women suffer from stress urinary incontinence and a staggering 80% suffer from vaginal atrophy. Some other changes that occur that may impact sexual function or satisfaction are vaginal laxity and decreased vaginal sensation, again common after childbirth and or menopause.
Symptoms of Altered Vaginal Function
- Vaginal Laxity
- Vaginal Itching
- Vaginal Dryness
- Pain with Intercourse
- Incontinence/loss of bladder control
- Frequent Urination
- Recurrent Vaginal Infections
In post menopause symptoms of vaginal atrophy are the result of permanent estrogen loss which can cause the vagina to become narrower, lose depth and become dry with decreased elasticity. Symptoms of vaginal atrophy are most commonly vaginal dryness and pain with intercourse. The urethral lining may also become thinner and lead to issues with bladder control. The same estrogen changes can occur after childbirth.
After childbirth some women may experience vaginal dryness due to temporary decrease in estrogen with breast feeding. Most commonly after childbirth a woman will have symptoms of vaginal laxity and bladder leakage issues due to the break down and lack of collagen support fibers.
FemTouch CO2 Laser Treatment
- Fast in office procedure that produces optimal results after just 2-4 sessions
- Ablative fractional laser that utilizes internal and external minimally invasive probes to achieve optimum results.
- Low energy laser delivers functional beams of light that penetrate small areas along the vaginal wall. This creates small microinjuries in the vaginal wall which triggers an inflammatory response that leads to tissue remodeling and new collagen production and increased vaginal vascularization.
- Menopausal patients
- Natural menopause
- Surgical induced menopause
- Medically induced menopause
- Vaginal dryness/painful intercourse
- Frequent urinary/vaginal infections
- Urinary urgency and/or frequency
- Hormone non-responders
Schedule an Appointment for Vaginal Health Treatment in Naperville, IL
Our goal is always to restore functional vaginal health so that women don’t have to suffer with these symptoms that can greatly affect quality of life. The result is long-lasting restored lubrication and elasticity, achieving more functional and youthful vaginal health. For more information, contact our office at (630) 369-2767 and schedule an appointment today!